Products › Cushions
Mediair Turn - Sense
Alternating Rotational Therapy with In-Bed Mobility Monitor for effective and documented pressure care management
The Mediair Turn - Sense technology can be used as a tool to empower and encourage healthcare professionals and patients to reach their mobility goals.
Immobility is the prime risk factor of Pressure Ulcer incidence. International Best Practice advocates frequent repositioning of the patient as a preventative and treatment intervention.(1)
Everybody believes in it but very few achieve it as repositioning schedules are a challenge in all settings.
MAT-S not only provides the solution by combining alternating pressure relief and rotational therapy but can also provide hard data to quantify patient self movements and assisted movement by the support surface.
HOW DO WE DO THIS?
ALTERNATING AIR THERAPY
It is well established that there is a pressure time threshold above which ulceration is likely.(2) The ideal situation is to have low interface pressures for short periods of time to prevent pressure ulcers.
The dual layer of 28 cells results in a greater surface contact area and a reduction in interface pressure.
The MAT-S relieves pressure more often than competitor’s products with the frequent cycle time of 5 minute to 20 minute intervals.
It is well documented that the turning/tilting of a patient into different positions, (30° either side at different intervals), redistributes pressure from bony prominences thereby reducing the incidences of pressure ulcers.
The 30° tilt makes a statistically significant difference to pressure ulcer development compared with standard care.(3)
MAT-S has been specifically designed to achieve the 30° tilt which does substantially enhance patient outcomes.(4)
MAT-S technology monitors when repositioning is necessary and provides repositioning/turning if required. Unnecessary patient disturbance by care givers can be eliminated when patients self movement is detected.This allows care givers to improve the sleep quality of the patient as well as preventing skin damage.
MAT-S technology provides quantitative evidence of patients repositioning/turning for clinical audits in measuring compliance with National and Local Pressure Ulcer Prevention & Management Policies.
Data from the MAT-S technology can help with determining repositioning needs of individual patients .This in turn can free up nursing staff for other nursing care needs of patients.
THE MAT-S WITH IN BED MOBILITY MONITOR
- Treats and Prevents Pressure Ulcers by combining rotational and alternating therapy
- Provides repositioning of patients at risk of Pressure Ulcer Development which makes both economic(5) and clinical sense, thereby supporting the EPUAP/NPUAP guidelines
- Monitors / records patients' self movement
- Monitors / records patient movement assisted by the support surface.
- Hard Data is recorded and stored on the display panel and can be remotely accessed on other electronic devices
- More time for Caregivers to Care
- Better Sleep Quality for the patient
USER FRIENDLY TOUCH SCREEN CONTROL PANEL
Auto Adjust Sensor
Automatically adjusts the pressure to maintain low pressure when the patient is profiled, eliminating the need for hand checks. It automatically stops rotations as the patient is profiled.
It also prevents the effect of gatching which occurs in deep cells by having dual layer cell construction.
1 in 2. This ensures that 50% of the body is being offloaded during the cycle time.
Inflates the mattress to its maximum firmness.
Transport facility allowing unpowered support of the patient for up to 48 hours.
Allows rapid deflation.
PU Coated stretch nylon. Fluid proof and vapour permeable.
Available in various dimensions.
- Air Supply Controller
- Weight: 1.5kg
- Length: 33cm
- Height: 24cm
- Depth: 16cm
- Alternating Cycle Type: 1 in 2
- Alternating Cycle Times: 5–20 minutes
- Power Requirement
- Electrical Rating: 220V-240V, 2 Amps
- Air Mattress
- Length: 200cm
- Width: 86cm
- Height: 20cm/12cm (Fully inflated)
- Cell Construction: Dual Layered up to 28 upper cells
- Warranty: 1 year
- Max. patient weight: 220kg
- (1) European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel & National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel 2009 – Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers quick reference guide Washington DC – National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel
- (2) Reswick JB, Rogers JE (1976) Experience at Rancho Los Amigos Hospital with devices and techniques to prevent pressure sores. In : Bedsore Biomechanics; proceedings of a seminar in tissue viability and clinical application. Eds R.M. Kenedi, JM Cowden. J.T. Scales – London Macmillan
- (3) Moore Z (2012) Using the 30 degree Tilt to reduce pressure sores The Nursing Times Col 108 No 4
- (4) Moore Z, Victor U, - A clinical evaluation of a specifically designed alternating support surface device for achieving the 30 degree tilt in older individuals at risk of pressure ulcer development
- (5) Moore Z, Cowman S, Posnett J, - An economic analysis of repositioning for the prevention of pressure ulcers