Products › Mattresses
Preventing and treating pressure ulcers
Our advanced controlled release valve system allows pressure changes to occur slowly to maximise pressure relief and comfort for the patient whilst in the A&E environment.Designed and manufactured in Ireland.
- The system has the flexibility to reconfigure and re-inflate itself anytime the patient moves or is repositioned. This proven technology prevents and treats pressure ulcers and is now available for A&E trolleys.
- Your patients with limited ambulation/mobility require the appropriate surface to help prevent pressure ulcer development. (1)
- Deep tissue injuries can develop in as little as two hours but may not be recognised for two to seven days.
- This self-adjusting technology provides extremely low pressure support for your patients and can also be converted to an alternating system if required.
USE AS A SELF-REGULATING NON-POWERED MATTRESS.
The MediFlex operates using self-regulating technology, a pressurised system of independent, dynamic air chambers with intake and regulator valves. The system has the flexibility to reconfigure and re-inflate itself anytime the patient moves or is repositioned. The pressure gradient inside the systems nine dynamic air chambers automatically adjusts to provide optimum low-pressure settings. This advanced controlled- release valve system of the MediFlex allows these pressure changes to occur slowly to maximise pressure relief and comfort for the patient.
USE AS A POWERED ALTERNATING SYSTEM.
Simply connect the optional controller pump to the mattress to turn the system into an alternating therapy. The MediFlex dual therapy system can be converted in seconds when the additional therapy is desired. Alternating therapy helps enhance capillary flow and continuously changes the pressure gradient of the mattress. (5)
MediFlex Foam Topper
GEL-INFUSED VISCOELASTIC FOAM TOP LAYER.
This gel-infused viscoelastic foam is a highly conductive open- cell memory foam. It has the ability to channel heat and help regulate body heat. Tests using flowmeter prove that this gel- infused foam allows greater airflow than standard memory foam. (Up to twelve times cooler (4)). Reducing skin temperature improves the microclimate which in turn helps prevent pressure ulcers. (3). Gel-infused viscoelastic foam also enhances the pressure relieving properties of the visco foam. When gel-infused foam is compressed, the gel particles begin to coalesce and interact, resulting in superior support.(5)
- Cover is multi-stretch polyurethane, and positively helps to reduce shear and friction forces
- Dissipates heat and moisture
- 10,000ppm chlorine resistant
- Avoids a ‘hammock effect’
- The only fire retardant cover currently available in the world which is Oeko-Tex Class 1
- Hydrolysis resistance 1 year +
- High weld strength performance
- Zip cover also has a toughened PU anti-slip coated base
- Fire Retardency: Foam & filings are in compliance with S.I. 1324 (crib 5 source 5 (I.S. 419)
- Finished Product Retardancy: Finished Product is compliant with B.S.7177 (Mattress Medium) – Hazard 0,1+5
- User weight limit: 200kg
- Warranty: 5 years. Copy of warranty upon request
- Quality : Manufactured under ISO9002 ACCREDITATION AND IS REGISTERED AS A Class 1 CE medical product
- Dimensions: Standard 198X86X15cm
- Products can be manufactured to your dimensions
- (1) http://www.hse.ie/pressureulcertozero.
- (2) Independent Pressure testing on MediGel completed by Dr. Duncan Bain, UK (2013)
- (3) How do microclimate factors affect the risk for superficial pressure ulcers: A mathematical model. - Amit Gefen - Journal Tissue Visibility
- (4) Independent clinical trials by Dr. Duncan Bain, London 2014
- (5) An evaluation of pressure distributing properties of pneumatic surfaces Dr. Duncan Bain
- (6) Data on file